What do we mean by a family friendly holiday ?
All our family holiday villas, gites and cottages welcome families with babies, toddlers and children. We offer a safe and peaceful environment in which to enjoy your self catering family friendly holiday in rural France.
With other toddlers and young children for yours to play with and an enclosed garden and safely enclosed and alarmed swimming pool you will be able to relax with a chilled glass of wine chatting to like minded parents whilst your children make new friends (and you do too !)
Chris and Wendy Blakeman welcome families with young children. (generally under 8 yrs in peak season and pre schoolers at other times) at La Grange du Moulin and under 12’s at Les Vallaies. That means that there will be other like minded families with children, all wanting an enjoyable relaxing stay where there are other children for theirs to play with. If your children are entertained then it usually means you’ll be able to relax that bit more.
Family friendly Activities for children
- Toddlers teddy bear picnic with bubbles and music
- Pottery painting
- Fabric painting
Family friendly means things for mum and dad too
- Wine tasting evenings on site and walks in the vines with or very own professional wine expert
- Seafood nights & Barbecue evenings at La Grange du Moulin
- Impromptu pizza evenings at Les Vallaies
- Taste du Terroir evenings
- Pamper evenings
- Baby sitting and mini creche by our very own registered child minder
so you can enjoy a night out with peace of mind
- Holiday with like minded parents of children toddlers and babies
- Board Games * Books * Table Tennis *
Family Friendly Places to see and things to do
There is so much to see and do in the Charente Maritime region of sw France and our family holiday cottages centrally located so ideal for visiting all the great family friendly sites
- Aquarium in La Rochelle
- Animal park at La Palmyre
- Boating, canoeing and pedaloes
- Play parks
- Ideal for cycling and walking
Great reviews from families just like yours
Parker family review of
La Grange du Moulin, Grenier gite –
children aged 5 & 2 yrs
This is our third gite holiday in France and the set up at La Grange du Moulin far exceeded our
other experiences. Our boys loved the well equipped garden (great sandpit, large garden
with great hiding places) the organised Teddy bears picnic, pottery and t-shirt paintings and
fabulous swimming pools.We also loved the chance to taste local wines and produce at the
tast du terroir evening and meet other guests via the sociable weekly bbq’s. We found highly
enjoyale activities across the region including a beautiful beachon the Ile de Oleron, the
ampitheatre at Saintes, La Rochelle aquarium, the zoo and the boats at St savinien. We also
discovered excellent playgrounds in St Jean, Cognac and at a lake nr Angouleme. The small,
but perfect market in Aulnay was child friendly and the visiting butcher on Weds afternoon
enabled us to try far superior food that we otherwise would not of had. We have all had a
truly enjoyable and relaxing time and I look forward to trying out the moules mariniere recipe
as taught by Chris, back home. Thank you.
Read more great reviews about all our gites, cottages and villas here……
On site entertainment for the children
- Enclosed Alarmed Swimming pool area
- Heated (to 30c) Toddler Pool at La Grange du Moulin
- Shallow paddling area at Les Vallaies
- Main Swimming pools heated to 28c
- Large Enclosed Garden with Shade
- Swings, Slide, Sandpit
- Pirate Ship at La Grange, Play house at Les Vallaies
- Indoor and Outdoor toys
- Trampolines with safety net
We have travel cots and highchairs of course but we also provide a lot more and all free of charge. Saving you room in the car and avoiding excess baggage charges on flights. If you need something just ask, if we have it, it’s yours !
- Stair barriers standard in all gites
- Highchairs and booster seats
- Baby baths, baby bath seats, bath toys
- Sterilisers, baby rocker chairs
- Non slip bath mats and full sized baths standard in all gites
- Baby monitors, Toddler steps
- Pottys and child toilet seats
- Cots with Mattresses, bedguards, night lights
Safely enclosed and alarmed swimming pools
Our swimming pool areas are completely enclosed by a 1m80 high fence and/or wall . They are accessed by one gate which is self closing and has a child proof latch. The main pools are also alarmed for extra security.
They are both heated to 28c using an efficient heat pump and even younger children will happily swim / play in it. The older children will be hard to get out of it. We also have our baby /Toddler splash pool at La Grange du Moulin, an above ground HEATED to 30c pool, perfect for young children, toddlers and babies. At Les Vallaies there is a shallow sloping beach entrance to the main pool, ideal for paddling.
There is a good sized terrace surrounding the pools with plenty of sunbeds also a number of trees around the area which also provide shade in different areas at different times of day.
We want to make your French family holiday with toddlers as relaxing and as stress free as possible when you have young children, toddlers and babies in tow. For more about the individual family gites we have – go to our desktop sites……